Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Making some new things

 


This is a cat called Psycho Kitty I have been drawing for years. I started drawing it when I was in high school, like at the corners of my notes and stuff. Actually, I probably drew it instead of taking notes.  I have been observing cats for a long time. This is the impish, kittenish look that cats get when they play. There are so many leaves in the air the cat does not know which to attack first.

 
And something else very similar. Unlike the cat, I don't know what the fox is thinking. I don't have years of experience interpreting the facial expressions of foxes the way I do with cats. 

I put crows in the leafless trees, and some more flowers and grasses. I also hid a tiny fox somewhere!





And the same fox on a shirt, but with a tree and a spiral design.  I think I should have put this on a black shirt so the spirals would show up better.



This is a card I made using as much stuff as possible. I want to make one like this that is only traditional Christmas stuff.  But while I was planning it out I thought I would see how it looked using what I had on hand, some of which is sort of christmas-like, but mostly not. It's kind of like an art junk-drawer.

No comments: