Wednesday, September 09, 2020

The big Zazzle store overhaul

Yesterday I got a form letter from the people at Zazzle that basically said they reviewed my store and they liked my art. But I need to work on my metadata and descriptions.

I try not to read too much into this, as it is a form letter. I think the problem with my store on zazzle is not the metadata, but that the store lacks a cohesive focus. The designs look like they belong together. I need to design banners for the different categories of the store. Because this is a pretty sad looking page:

This page is getting a makeover

It needs more products too. (I actually sold this folk art bear mask though!)

This has been on my to-do list for quite a while. Time is marching on, and I need to finish my Christmas card designs.

One of my issues is that I really like designing things rather than using those things in a design.

For example, the cherry blossom icon in this card:



I loved making it, but it is hard to get excited about making things with it. This business card is something that will be leaving my store due to the awkward design.  I am going to make some better products that feature the image closer up.

No comments: