Monday, February 04, 2008

Syracuse Street Scene


This is an Artist Trading Card (atc). It's the same size as a baseball card. It's my first painting of Syracuse. I don't know what happened with the scan. It's kind of blurry.

I'm happy to be painting some more local things. I started this last fall.

I drove for the first time the other day. It felt very natural and easy, I forgot that I hadn't driven for three whole years. I just need to schedule the actual driving part of the test and take it and I will have my license.

3 comments:

girlgonethreadwild said...

Your art is so fun, so whimsical so ... lovely! Enjoyed my time here, will surely bookmark you for many happy returns. xo, Monica

FAQ said...

I love your use of color here. Do you mind if I ask what type of media you like to use for painting?

Melissa said...

Thank you.

I use Golden brand liquid acrylic paints on canvas, wood, or paper. I find they give my paintings a kind of glow that I don't get with other paints.