Thursday, May 24, 2007

I've been busy

I'm back on track with creating art and selling it again. I have cleaned up my studio and organized it, and done some cleaning, organizing and purging online as well.
Works In Progress

That's some of the new paintings I'm working on.

I've also listed some new stuff in my Etsy store

I fixed the store up better too, I put up a banner, started accepting checks and money orders, got all my shipping policies set up right and added categories (currently paintings, magnets and mirrors.) I've kind of ignored the Etsy store for a while, and they have made some good changes in the way you can set up your store. Much easier.

In case you don't know what Etsy is, it's a site where artists and craftspeople can set up their own stores to sell their products. A lot of artists have migrated there from eBay. It's much less expensive than eBay stores! It doesn't get the same amount of traffic either, but selling on eBay was such a pain with their bad customer service, smarmy attitude and ever-increasing fees that I'm happy to be away from it.

So far I have made two sales through Etsy, one actually on the site, to someone I believe I met through Democratic Underground but who has bought quite a few of my paintings. The other was a painting called Night City Leap where the listing had expired but the husband of someone I knew slightly online contacted me and bought it for her. It's this painting:
Night Sky Leap
Which I miss having in my house! But I'm painting more.

Another project I am working on is the Melsky Art Cafe Press Store. I sold a few things from there recently, to the same guy who bought the mirror off Etsy. I need to get some of my newer designs up there. I also want to order some things from it, maybe some stuff to sell at craft fairs this summer.

There will be craft fairs this summer, too. I am going to be helping to organize two craft fairs in Kensington Market which will take place on June 24 and August 26. Those are both pedestrian Sundays, when they close off the streets of Kensington Market to cars. The fairs are a benefit for Ladyfest Toronto.

Here's another painting I'm working on:
Painting in Progress

I'm also hoping to get a show in a cafe soon!

No comments: