Monday, January 07, 2008

Crown Martini on Wood


Crown Martini, originally uploaded by Melsky.

This is a new painting in my Etsy Store, Crown Martini.

I'm still having my Melsky art 2008 New Years Sale

I just sold two paintings privately, both fish paintings to a very nice person who lives in England but went to my same high school, but different years.

I took a break from listing stuff on Etsy while I thought about where I was going artistically. I had though about not selling any more of the smaller paintings, to possibly do nothing smaller than an 8x10 on canvas. I was thinking about just doing larger, more expensive paintings and selling mainly prints in my etsy store. But I've decided not to do that, at least for the time being. I'm going to start doing larger, more complex expensive works and make prints from that. But I will also keep doing my smaller, simpler paintings of fish, cats, martinis and those sort of things. When I get ready to sell prints more complexly I may get a seperate etsy store for them, like Melsky Fine Art, so I will have a craft painting division and a fine art division.

No comments: