Saturday, January 05, 2008

Oddity City sketch


Oddity City sketch, originally uploaded by Melsky.

This is a sketch of a new painting I'm working on. I'm going to scan it at various stages of it's completion and make an animation of it's progress.

It is on a new material I am trying out. It's white, not blue but it scans blue and shows every erase mark. It is a gesso mixture on top of wood.

I don't really like it so far. I was hoping that it would be very absorbent but it's not.

I'm trying to decide if I should go to California now or wait until the spring. I don't want to miss any skiing so I kind of want to wait until spring. Then again, the wildflowers will be blooming in the desert and I would love to see that. I'm so excited about walking around LA and taking photos.

I'm toying with the idea of doing a book blog. Yeah, I know i have a lot of blogs already. But this is the last one, I swear. I started using a site called Goodreads to catalog my books, but so many of the books I'm reading are odd old obscure things that are way out of print that don't even show up on the searches. It would be kind of cool if you could add images of your covers but you can't.

I've actually had this idea of the book blog for a long time now and need to find the reviews I wrote over a year ago. I wish I had started it when I was writing those reviews!

No comments: