Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Arizona Margarita and Melis


Arizona Margarita and Melsky, originally uploaded by Melsky.

This is a custom painting - it was ordered by a client in Arizona who wanted a terra cotta coloured sand like they have there. I usually put a more beige sand like I'm used to for my California deserts.Painting is huge - it's the biggest thing I've ever painted. It is going to be stretched on a 30x40 inch frame, but is actually about 35x45 so that when it's on the frame the sides will be painted too.I looked at a lot of flickr photos of Arizona so i could get the color of the sand right.I loved doing the big painting. I want to do more of them now. Also more desert paintings!

Here's me in front of the painting so you can see the size in comparison. The little black and white drawing is the sketch I was working from.I haven't had a margarita in a long time. Toronto is not a great city for Mexican Food or Margaritas.

1 comment:

TVTrayArt said...

This is great! It definitely has that Southwestern feel!