Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Art, drawing, painting, or design? Design.

I'm in an online group, and within the group we have an art club. We talk in voice chat while we do art. Someone keeps asking me if I'm drawing, and I say yes. But I'm not really drawing. It is design.

I'm working on a cohesive line that has elements of folk art but with a more modern aesthetic. I'm creating a lot of design elements that can be combined in different combinations and colors. The hardest thing is keeping all of them organized!

I am building up a good collection of my own designs. I just started seriously working on my store and planning exactly I want to do.

It's been a long time leading up to this. I basically realized I wanted to do it over a year ago, and it took me this long to get comfortable with Inkscape, with design, store planning and feeling good and creative and productive.

If I knew how long this would take I would have been really discouraged at the beginning. I'm glad I didn't know, because I worked hard, planned, and expected success. Now I have gotten to a good place!

This chicken mug was the first thing I made that I feel is good enough to offer for sale. The first of many!

No comments: