Monday, May 25, 2020

Progress


I made a banner for my store on Zazzle. I am not 100 percent happy with it, but it is still good and I'm using it until I make something I like better.

I realized while I was writing my last entry that even though I wasn't painting much for a couple of years, I was doing a lot of layout and design work for flyers and web pages. I think that helped me get into a frame of mind where I was interested in digital art and design. That is what led me to learn Inkscape. I had downloaded the program when I wanted to make some simple graphics for a web page. It was much harder than I thought it would be, and I forgot all about it for a long time.

At some point I saw some artwork that I thought was really cool and I saw it was made on Inkscape. Hey, I have that program! So I decided to give it a second look. Instead of just trying to wing it, I started watching YouTube videos on it. They make it look so easy, and I was surprised that it was still hard.

 I kept watching videos and experimenting with the programs. I didn't like the things I was making and it was discouraging. But all of a sudden something snapped into place, and I started creating things that I liked. Using Inkscape became really fun, and I could get into the flow and work for hours. I'm glad I didn't give up.

No comments: