Sunday, November 04, 2007

Martini Ornament


Martini Ornament, originally uploaded by Melsky.

Day 4!

I've been experimenting with shrink plastic, usually known by it's brand name Shrinky Dinks. Most people who grew up in the 70s and were at all crafty are familiar with this stuff.

It's very fun to watch your drawings shrink in the oven. They twist around and then get thick. I bought one pack of this and am doing a bunch of ornaments and some magnets, but I'm not going to make it a permanent part of my stuff.

The direction I see myself going is digital. I want to start painting digitally using my paintshop program and a wacom tablet and selling prints. That way, once I create something I keep making money from it. I plan on building up a little catalog. So now you know my secret plans!

Martini Ornament on Etsy

No comments: