Tuesday, June 30, 2020

I'm trying not to read too much into my first sale. Also YAY!

I had my first sale since my store re-design. I'm happy! I also noticed that I sold the one thing in my store that looks different than the rest of my merchandise. It was the "You're Amazing! Hope your birthday is just like you" card. It has a different color scheme than anything else I have done. It has been viewed one time (7 days after listing it for sale) and the first person to see it bought it.

 Nothing in my store is getting that many views, which is exactly as I would expect at this time. It takes a lot of work and consistency to build up an audience and to show up in search engines. I haven't been at it that long. At this point, statistics about what sold are pretty meaningless.

 Still, it was encouraging that I sold that card. It was one that I designed because I thought other people would like it, and at least one of them did. So I remixed it, and made it a friendship/any occasion/congratulations sort of card.
You're Amazing super bright happy stars card
You're Amazing super bright happy stars card
by MelskyArt

I like this one better than the original card. The black space around the text makes it stand out.


No comments: